Coloring is an essential part of every child’s school curriculum. Everybody knows that children love coloring. Although there are a lot of coloring options, it is the crayons that have the most vibrant of all effect. Hence, children basically love to paint using crayons. But these crayons can deposit stains that are hard to remove from carpets. So what to do if you are in such a situation where you find your expensive carpet all stained by crayons. This article is a guide for removing crayons from your carpets.
For removal of stains, the items at home that can prove to be useful for stain removal are:
- Rubber gloves
- Butter knives or metal spoons
- Clean water
- Clean soft clothes
- Detergents or dish wash liquids
- The rubbing alcohols
The experts recommend the use of WD-40 for stains deposited by crayons. WD-40 is very easy to use and it is the most effective solution for stains removal. Alternatively, rubbing alcohol is a good solution too. But after using rubbing alcohol, there are still light marks of the stains left on the carpets. You must choose an option which suits you the best however.
Follow these steps while removing crayon stains from carpets with the help of rubbing alcohol:
- On the area of stain, apply the rubbing alcohol. Cover the stain area fully.
- Leave the alcohol for 30 minutes or more on the stained area.
- Use a soft white cloth and rub the area in a gentle and circular manner.
- If necessary, you can apply more rubbing alcohol over the stained area and just do not stop dabbing.
- This process takes time. Hence you must work patiently while removing stains deposited by crayons.
- Once you have observed that the stain has been removed, clean the area with clean water. You can wash the area with any good detergent as well.
- Finally let the carpet air dry.
The following steps are necessary while removing stains by WD-40:
- Spray the affected area entirely with WD-40 spray.
- Let the spray stand for some time.
- Cleanse the area with a soft cloth in a circular motion
- If required, apply more spray to bring more cleanliness to the stained area.
- Once you find your carpet stain free, clean it with water or detergent.
- Leave the carpet to dry by air.
This is an easy method but does not ensure a complete and effective stain removal. The stained area is scraped gently by a metal spoon or a butter knife. After the scraping process, the carpet is vacuumed to remove any leftover crayon shavings.
Some Other Useful Tips
Before using any chemical directly on the carpet, make sure to perform a spot test to avoid any damage or discoloration to the carpets by harsh chemicals.
After the cleaning process is finished, it is good to run your fingers to separate the fibers of the carpets. This step is called grooming. This allows the carpets to dry quickly. Do not use hot iron to remove the crayon stains from carpets because this poses a great risk of burning your carpets.
Professional Carpet Cleaning Services
Crayons contain oils which can get quite difficult to remove. Moreover, cleaning it on your own requires a lot of patience and efforts. In today’s world, it’s better to trust professionals who have experience. Trying it on your own can also cause more damage instead. Professionals with their expert knowledge can remove even the toughest of stains. Moreover, they possess all the right tools and equipment to remove all types of stains.
Clean Master Sydney is the best source for removing all types of stains from carpets. The experts of the company have in-depth knowledge about all the procedures. Avail their expert services now by giving them a call on 0410 453 896.