Coloring is an essential activity of every child’s school curriculum. Everybody knows that children love coloring. Although there are a lot of coloring options, it is the crayons that have the most vibrant of all effects. Hence, children basically love painting and use crayons for it. But these crayons can deposit stains that are hard to remove from carpets. So what to do if you are in such a situation where you find your expensive carpet all stained by crayons. This article is very helpful in eliminating the crayons from your carpets.
For removal of stains, the items at home that can prove to be useful for stain removal are:
- Rubber gloves
- Metal spoons or butter knives
- Clean water
- Clean soft clothes
- Dish wash liquids or detergents
- The rubbing alcohols
At Clean Master Sydney, experts recommend the use of WD-40 for stains deposited by crayons. WD-40 is very simple to use and it is the most effective solution for stains removal. Rubbing alcohol is also considered a good solution. After you make use of rubbing alcohol, there are still few marks of the stains resides on the carpets. You must choose an option which is best suitable.
Follow the given steps while removing crayon stains from carpets with the help of rubbing alcohol:
- On the area which is stained, apply the rubbing alcohol. Cover the stained area fully.
- Rest the alcohol for about 30 minutes or more on the stains.
- Take a soft white cloth to rub the stained place in a gentle and circular manner.
- If necessary, you can pour a more quality of rubbing alcohol into the stained area and just ensure you dabbing on it without stopping.
- This process might consume a lot of time. You must keep patience while taking out the stains deposited by crayons.
- Once you have observed that the stain has been coming out, clean the place with fresh water. You can rinse the area with any good detergent as well.
- Finally, let the carpet air dry.
Following steps are necessary while removing stains by WD-40:
- Spray on the stained area entirely with WD-40 spray.
- Let the spray sit for a while.
- Cleanse the stains in a circular motion using a soft and fresh cloth
- If required, spray more to bring more cleanliness to the affected area.
- The moment you find your carpet free from stains, wash it with detergent or water
- Let the carpet dry
This is an easy method but does not ensure complete and effective stain removal. The stained area is scraped gently by a metal spoon or a butter knife. After the scraping process, the carpet is vacuumed to remove any leftover crayon shavings.
Some Other Useful Tips
Before using any chemical directly on the carpet, make sure to perform a spot test to avoid any damage or discoloration to the carpets by harsh chemicals.
After the cleaning process is finished, it is good to run your fingers to separate the fibers of the carpets. This step is called grooming. This allows the carpets to dry quickly. Do not use a hot iron to remove the crayon stains from carpets because this poses a great risk of burning your carpets.
Professional Carpet Cleaning Services
Crayons contain oils which can get quite difficult to remove. Moreover, cleaning it on your own requires a lot of patience and effort. In today’s world, it’s better to trust professionals who have experience. Trying it on your own can also cause more damage instead. Professionals with their expert knowledge can remove even the toughest of stains. Moreover, they possess all the right tools and equipment to remove all types of stains.
Clean Master Sydney is the best source for removing all types of stains from carpets. The experts of the company have in-depth knowledge of all the procedures. Avail expert service for carpet cleaning in Sydney now by giving them a call on 0488 851 508.