Your leather upholstery is not just a thing placed in your house, it’s an investment. You definitely would want to last your upholstery at least a decade. Leather Upholstery Cleaning in the house is the sign of luxury and amplifies its elegance. But perhaps, there is not as the worse feeling than having a stained leather sofa in a home.
We know, it feels like a nightmare when you find ink marks on your lovely couch. Ink stains are the toughest stains and seem almost impossible to get rid of. But, like always, we have good news for you. Yes, we have the methods that can make the ink stain a thing of the past.
Things You Will Need
- Leather Stain Cleaner/ Mild dishwasher
- Leather Conditioner
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Clean and Soft Cloth
Procedure to Remove Ink Stain from a leather couch
- As soon as the accident happens, get into action quickly. Blot the stained area with a tissue to absorb the ink as much as possible. Use the right approach by working from outside of the stain to the center in order to avoid spreading it.
- Wet a clean soft cloth in lukewarm water and squeeze extra moisture.
- Apply the small amount of a mild dishwasher (2-3 drops)/ leather cleaner on the dampen cloth and scrub the stain gently, working from outside to the middle.
- Remove the soap residue by rubbing the area with the dampened cloth.
- Keep scrubbing until the ink stain is gone or until it stops coming off to the cloth.
- Dip the cotton cloth in rubbing alcohol and start rubbing it on the remaining stain. Work on the stain in the circular motion.
- Change the cotton balls if needed and keep rubbing it over the sofa, until the stain is removed completely.
- Clean the treated area with a wrung soft cloth to remove any residue of rubbing alcohol.
- Apply the leather conditioner onto the treated area. Rubbing alcohol dries out the leather, and applying the conditioner makes it soft and supple once again.
- Check the tag attached to the sofa for the cleaning instructions.
- Perform the hidden test of rubbing alcohol before applying it directly to the stain.
- Pay extra attention while scrubbing the ink from the sofa and don’t spoil your palms and fingers. Because you can stain the other areas of the sofa accidentally.
- Look for the tags there you will find the tips that will give you directions of cleaning. In case you couldn’t find these tags and labels then you can contact the company owner or talk to their representatives.
This is the best and easy way to get rid of ink stains and make your sofa spot-free once again. And in case, you don’t want to take the risk, which you definitely would not want to, consider opting for professional Upholstery Cleaning Sydney help.
Call Professionals For Help
You can call Clean Master Sydney for your best help, that too anytime round the clock. Our professional cleaners are well-trained and licensed to deliver cleaning and stain removal services. We use advanced tools and various cleaning techniques to provide effective and quick services with high-end results.
We are working with many years of experience and offering excellent customer service at affordable costs. We are the best upholstery cleaning service in Sydney providers that offer world-class services all across Sydney and make the homeowners happier.
Previous Blog< Tips on Maintaining Leather Upholstery in the Home